One of the major reasons why people tend to seek the assistance of a dentist is if they are not happy with their smiles. And with the availability of cosmetic dentistry options, it is assured that anyone can achieve the type of smile they have always dreamed of.
Veneers grew to be a popular choice for many people. It is due to the fact that it can be the solution to a variety of teeth imperfections. Some of the problems that can be resolved by veneers are misshapen teeth, excessive gaps, stubborn stains, slight misalignments, chips, fractures, and gummy smiles. The prostheses can cover most of the problems that patients have with their teeth. No wonder, many choose to undergo the procedure.
Despite this, there are those that are still hesitant to get veneers for their teeth merely because of the common misconceptions floating around due to the unfamiliarity of the procedure. We at Independent Dental Care take it as our duty to educate patients about the potential of dental veneers. Here are some facts about the treatment!
Dental Facts about Veneers
- Veneers can be made from either composite and porcelain materials. At Independent Dental Care, we took advantage of porcelain due to its durability and ability to resist stains.
- Like any other dental procedures, dentists can administer local anesthesia before the application of veneers to make the experience more pleasant.
- Contrary to the belief of many, the treatment does not require too much removal of the enamel. With the advancements in dentistry, tooth preparation can be performed as little as possible. There are even certain brands that do not require enamel shavings for the veneers to be bonded on the teeth.
- If the filing of a tooth is necessary to make way for the veneers, it is only done on the surface (enamel) and not on the entire structure.
- People thought that when veneers are applied to the teeth, it becomes noticeable and fake-looking. With modern cosmetic dentistry, patients are assured that porcelain veneers can mimic the appearance of adjacent teeth closely.
- Teeth would not become more sensitive; rather, veneers can be a solution for those suffering from teeth sensitivity. After the application, a slight discomfort is present, but it will eventually fade away.
Give your smile a boost with Veneers in Fort Myers, FL! Book an appointment with Independent Dental Care! We are located at 13611 McGregor Blvd., Suite 3, Fort Myers, FL 33919.